Earthing and grounding are more important than ever before. Our ever increasing (surveilled) IoT world coupled with our need to mess with the Earth’s ionosphere has lead us to this increased need.
This article is about electrical grounding products & techniques.
Earthing and grounding are transformational due to the free electrons received from soaking up the sun while swimming on the beach or walking barefoot on moist grass.
The benefits don’t come from self actualizing yourself as a tree in case there’s a new age version of grounding out there, no clue. There’s evidence to back electrical grounding and earthing’s health benefits (not pseudo science).
Real grounding, the type that is simply you standing on damp earth barefoot, or walking on the beach and breathing in the negatively charged seaside air, helps battle today’s stressful lifestyles and EMF related illnesses.
Dirty electricity’s effects is also something grounding can protect against by keeping you strong and able to fend off ill effects.
Your home should be grounded, and you should be earthing yourself everyday too.
This quote from Dr. Stephen Sinatra will sell on you the concept right away:
When we attune to the earth’s electric potential, we soak up negatively-charged electrons that neutralize free radicals in our bodies. Many of Earthing’s reported benefits, such as chronic pain relief and faster wound recovery, may simply result from reduction of free radical activity and inflammation, which frees up the immune system to perform other reparations.Dr. Stephen Sinatra
Earthing And Grounding, What’s The Difference?
Technically, when referring to anything that’s not a human being, like appliances or your home, it’s “grounding.”
And then “earthing” is applied to us, humans.
Earthing and grounding are basically the same thing. I use the two interchangeably.
Both dirty electricity and Electro Magnetic Frequencies (EMF) are bad for our health. The 10 grounding techniques listed in this article will help you make sure you’re safe.
But first, more on why we need to ground ourselves and our homes.
The video below has great information on dirty electricity and grounding. It informs as to why it’s necessary to ground yourself and your home.
This video answers the following 2 questions:
- What is dirty electricity?
- Does the radiation from dirty electricity flow through the air or is it restricted in the wires?
Why Grounding Is So Important Today
Have you ever shocked someone with a kiss (an actual “shock” feeling, not an emotional shock!)?
Or zapped someone with a touch? Or felt it on a door knob?
These zaps come from the buildup of static electricity in your body.
The more buildup, the more painful the zap.
We can handle up to around 30k volts in our bodies, so that’s a few 9 volt batteries worth of zap. That can be quite painful!
These static electricity zaps should serve as reminders to you that you need to ground yourself.
Because we’re electrical.
We Are Bioelectrical Beings.
It’s how God created us. Because we are bioelectrical, and because we all wear rubber sole shoes and work indoors all day, it’s vital to ground ourselves in order to function how we’re designed to.
It used to be so simple. You go out barefoot and you’re grounded. Today, the society we live in makes this not nearly as simple.
Back in the day, if you think about it, all humans on Earth were connected to each other at the same time, literally. We didn’t have rubber soles that separated us from the Earth’s frequencies, and so we were all connected.
Your feet ABSORB energy from the Earth. Feet serve as little negative ion sponges that then flow the energy through your electric self. The benefits are instant. And if you do it everyday, the benefits are instant AND long term.
Simply put, you’ll live longer.
Today, we live in high rises, apartments, and spend days, weeks and months at a time in rubber sole shoes and tiled or wooden floors that do not conduct the Earth’s frequencies through us. And many actually don’t remember the last time they were barefoot on grass. Not only this, we’re spending our days and nights soaking in EMF. The lack of grounding and sun is bad enough. Add EMF to it, and it becomes a dangerous way of living.
Thus, we are sick. Many get cancer and diabetes. Many are inflamed, and autoimmune diseases of all sorts are not slowing down.
Dirty electricity has been an issue for decades. EMF is the new issue added onto it. All it takes are some simple proactive measures to make sure you’re safe from them both.
10 Effective Earthing And Grounding Products
Have you confirmed that your home is grounded properly?
Electrical grounding protects you from electrical surges. Grounding refers to the damping of electrical currents throughout your home.
I’ll start with one of the original grounding methods, the ground rod. It’s a tried and true practice to ground yourself when you’re not down on the first floor of any building.
1. The Ground Rod Method
If you’re up in an apartment that’s not on the first floor, you can stick a rod in the ground outside somewhere and then bring that up in through a window or a hole you drill in the wall.
Use an alligator clip and then clip it to a sock or wristband to ground yourself while working on your computer or just when you’re sitting or even sleeping.
The rod should be 2/3’s in the ground at least, and if the ground is very dry, you may need to water it every few days to make sure you have conductivity.
Moisture is necessary for proper earthing.
There are fully ready “earthing systems” too that you can buy that include a ground route wire attached to a rod.
Like this one:
- Use this rod when grounding off-air antennas and satellite dishes for optimum protection and performance
- Includes preinstalled ground clamp for ease of installation
- Copper clad material for optimum lightning dissipation
- Includes (1) 3/8in diameter x 4ft long Ground Rod
- Essential safety measure for lightning strikes
2. Electrical outlet grounding
You can use a “ground outlet.” Before you use a grounding outlet, make sure with an electrician that your place is properly grounded. If not, the voltage could backfire. The whole object of doing this is worth reminding. Grounding like this ensures you’re soaking in proper electrons for healing, combatting EMF, and lessening dirty electricity.
The downside to these is that many claim they don’t even work. But then others say they do. I think it depends on the brand, and on Amazon I cannot find any worth buying.
3. Ground your vehicle
If you attach a grounding device wire to any metal area inside your car like under your seat and then this can help you fend off fatigue if you suffer from getting tired while driving in the day or night.
4. Ground with cold water pipe or valve under the sink
You can tie a wire around the copper pipe for your cold water under the sink. And if you don’t have a copper pipe below your sink, you should have a metal valve at least. These work as well.
It won’t work if your pipe and valve are both plastic.
5. Grounding Products: Mats & Pillow Sheets
Earthing sheets are wonderful. They let you ground all through the night.
If you do this, that means you don’t have to worry about making sure to get grounding every day.
You simply sleep grounded!
Here’s a well-reviewed grounding pillow sheet:
- SCIENCE of HEALTHY SLEEP - Sleeping with our Grounded bed sheets will connect you to the earth's essential energy so you can experience effortless health benefits and electrostatic shielding protection. 400TC fabric with pure silver grid cloth guards against and reduces fatigue caused by exposure to your laptop computer, pc, electronics and other sources of EMF discharge. May take up to a few weeks to notice changes as healing therapy is gradual.
- GROUNDED CONNECTION - Our 400TC Grounding Brand Sheets and Pillowcases include a 16 foot grounding wire designed to plug into the ground port of your wall outlet or grounded rod, connecting you to the earth while you sleep.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS - Grounding Brand sheets and pillowcases are crafted from a premium blend of 400 thread count, high-quality, soft, washable and natural cotton thread (95 percent) embedded with a special, conductive antistatic metal mesh check pattern made of pure silver (5 percent). Does not use electricity.
- HEALTH BENEFITS - When connected to the Earth's natural electron current, many people experience positive health benefits like deeper, better quality sleep, less stress, more energy, improved circulation, reduced inflammation, faster recovery from trauma, accelerated wound healing, body detoxification, relief of muscle headaches and muscle tension, reduced menstrual symptoms, reduced or eliminated chronic pain, and a natural feeling of wellness, calm and balance in the root chakra.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If for any reason a Grounding Brand bedding product does not work for you, we offer a 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee! Just let us know, and we'll arrange for a replacement or a refund.
And two great-priced grounding mats that have a good number of positive reviews:
6. EMF Shielding
Air Purifying Indoor Plants are perfect because they clean your air and some have very big leaves, like philodendrons, and they help block EMFs from within your home or from the neighbors.
Check out this philodendron leaf:
...almost as big as my 1-eye dog Milli’s face.
7. Going Barefoot
In the morning when the grass has dew. Soil is also excellent for grounding. Grass is great for grounding. I’ve heard that in areas like an Arizona desert for example, you don’t get the same health benefits because of the dryness. I’m not certain about this though it does make sense.
The more you are in contact with the earth, do a picnic for example, will recharge you.
You can walk on cement – most has some moistness.
Asphalt is made of petroleum and it will isolate you – it will NOT ground you. Asphalt, wood, rubber, plastic don’t ground you.
- They say going barefoot for an hour after a long flight can get rid of any potential jet lag.
If you live in a climate that’ll allow it, just go barefoot everyday. The morning dewed grass is the best, plus you set your circadian rhythm when getting the day’s first sun rays into your eyes. There are countless health benefits to this as many researchers are now discovering. Neurosurgeon Dr. Jack Kruse has some convincing information out there proving how essential morning light and grounding is for you.
8. Leather Sole Shoes (Earth Runners, Moccasins)
Earth Runners make some of the best “earthing shoes”.
There are many other grounding shoes too.
Here are a popular pair of women’s moccasins that my wife refuses to wear for some reason. I still think it was an excellent gift!
- TIMELESS STYLE: Minnetonka boasts a rich heritage that includes a tradition of careful craftsmanship since 1946, delivering excellent quality footwear using only the finest materials to provide comfort, durability, and timeless style with every step
- COZY SHOE FIT: The classic fringe softsole boots are made to stretch to the contours of your feet and wear pattern over time, ensuring that each pair of moccasin boots fit snugly and getting more comfortable as you wear them
- CONVENIENT SIZING: Each pair of suede fringe boots for women run half size large; Refer to the Size Chart icon to ensure correct sizing before purchasing; If your feet are different sizes, make sure to measure the larger one for the best fit
- MORE THAN JUST REGULAR FOOTWEAR: The traditional softsole is crafted from rich suede, wrapping your feet in comfy softness; There's no need to worry about blisters because the padded insole adds a layer of comfort with every step you make
- VERSATILE STYLE: It features our iconic fringe details and rawhide lace; Handmade from a traditional moccasin design, these timeless fringe boots will be a throwback staple for a long time to come, ensuring each step will provide a rich look and feel
Minnetonka’s are hand-crafted from deerskin and moosehide. They’re a premium leather sole shoe that truly keep you connected to the Earth’s negative ions (and history..).
I highly recommend Minnetonka if you’re looking for grounding shoes! They’re not a cheap knock-off. These will last and will help ground your body. They have both men’s and women’s moccasins in various styles.
Any shoe with LEATHER soles is what you need.
9. Earthing Patch
If you have pain somewhere from joint inflammation, try a grounding patch there.
The concept behind them is to get relief in a problem area from the patch because electrons travel to that location first, hence helping to heal that targeted area. They’re on Amazon and elsewhere online. I just learned about these, so I don’t want to link to any products as I haven’t really used them or fully vetted the effectiveness!
But many seem to vouch for the earthing patch’s effectiveness. I’ll update this post next time I injure myself and get to try it. So hopefully I’ll never update this post! God willing. We’ll see.
10. More Earthing Mat Products
You can sit at your computer with your feet on an earthing mat, or even place the laptop itself on a laptop grounding mat to counter the effects of EMF and dirty electricity.
An earthing mat is more convenient than clipping a wire connected to the ground rod outside. But you can do that too. Or you can use a grounding mouse pad too. You have many grounding options out there…
In comparison, with grounding or earthing mats, ehe advantage of sleeping grounded, is you don’t need as much sleep to fully charge yourself.
Ocean Water (Salt Water) Is The Best Way To Earth Yourself
Getting naked in the ocean is the very best way to earth your body and soak up healthy negatives ions like a human sponge.
It’s the method that feels the best too! Wearing a swimsuit is just as good, so no need to scare or excite people around you if not necessary…!
The Dead Sea is on the top of my bucket list and an ideal source of negative ions with all that salt… ocean water is conductive from the salts.
Ocean water then, is charged negatively.
It provides an ample amount of negative ions.
Even the beachside air loads you up on negatively charged ions.
Normal air is usually positively charged. But beach air is literally healing air. This is not foofy woo woo stuff. It’s real. Walking the coastline just got even better.
Why do you think surfers are such nice, happy people?
They’re grounded, they’re enriched with vitamin D, and they’re also fit. It almost doesn’t matter what your diet is if you swim in the ocean everyday. That’s how good earthing and ground are for you.
Earthing And Grounding Dangers
Grounding is essential to not electrocute yourself in your own home on accident, or destroy your appliances or electronics as well. You should hire an electrician to do the job. Stray electrical current can do a lot of damage.
Proper grounding means electrical currents end up in the ground and not in you or your electronics.
Why Wiring Your Home’s Electricity Is NOT a DIY Project
Because of the testing and severity of potential damage from doing it wrong, it’s highly recommended to hire a professional electrician.
When an electrical system is grounded, the currents are guided down a pathway to the ground so that they cannot make contact with people and sensitive electronic equipment.
Here is a tip I am pasting in from an electrician website that helps you see why you need a pro:
Metal water and gas pipes must be connected electrically to create a continuous low resistance path back to the main electrical panel. The grounding wire that runs from your electrical panel to grounding electrode helps even out voltage increases that often occur because of lightning and other causes.Electrical Engineering Portal
More Grounding Dangers
Be careful when earthing yourself if you take blood thinners, anti inflammatories or thyroid medication. Earthing is purely natural and safe, but if you have not been grounded for a long time, you never know. The amazing benefits from grounding could be too much good too soon, and it could mess with your meds. I wouldn’t worry about it, but it’s worth a disclaimer.
Another danger is simply FORGETTING to take your medication. Earthing’s benefits are instant and noticeable. So much so that you may opt to stop taking your meds, or you may forget. Depending on your medication, this can be dangerous.
Don’t use grounding devices during thunderstorms.
Earthing and grounding can be a key factor to a long and healthy life.
These electrical grounding products and techniques will help you receive the health benefits received from negative ions.
Products to do it are not necessary, but depending on your situation, can be more than useful.
It’s necessary to ground now more than ever before and whatever it takes you should make that happen. If you’re electro-sensitive, and are suffering from poor health, then earthing and grounding may be a God send for you. It will help calm you down and bring your autonomic nervous system back under control. It will heal your adrenals and help you combat EMF and other forms of electricity you’re extra sensitive too.
EMF and dirty electricity waves are deeply tied in with inflammation as we saw in this article. Inflammation always includes pain. Believe me, whether it’s an inflamed shoulder, back, or eye (Uveitis), earthing and grounding are some of the best anti inflammation practices available to us. Much better than ibuprofen or even turmeric. And they’re free. Assist your goals of reducing your bodily inflammation with earthing and grounding.
Another important electrical grounding benefit after anti inflammation are the positive reactions from your autonomic nervous system and how you shift from sympathetic dominance (stressed out feeling, adrenals shot, etc.) to the parasympathetic dominance, almost instantly.
Do you have any go-to earthing techniques?
What about grounding yourself from the second story or above?
Do you use a ground rod or a grounding outlet?
We’d love to know more about your tactics!
Grounding & EMF Related Reads:
- This is an excellent article. It explains the difference between bonding, grounding and earthing better than most.
- How to protect yourself from wireless devices
UP NEXT: 5 Vital Earthing Benefits You Get From Grounding Yourself Electrically – This next post on the subject is focused on the health benefits. It helps explain WHY you need to ground, and who needs it more than others.
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Sprouting Fam does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Sprouting Fam are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.
Last update on 2020-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API