Here we make a simple homemade cinnamon mouthwash recipe with cinnamon sticks, cloves, fresh mint and salt. If you’re online searching for DIY natural mouthwash recipes, then chances are you already know about the downsides of those powerful antiseptic mouthwashes.
For this reason, we’ve just started making our own mouthwashes.
This Clove & Cinnamon Mouthwash is the first of the handful of natural mouthwash recipes we’ve been trying out. It’s extremely easy and fast to make.
You have to boil the ingredients for 20 minutes.
Other than that, just let it cool down a bit and it’s ready to bottle up and keep in your bathroom for daily usage.
Here are the step-by-step Clove & Cinnamon Mouthwash Recipe directions:
Homemade Cinnamon Mouthwash Recipe (Plus Cloves, Salt & Fresh Mint)
- 1 Pot for boiling water
- 10 g Cinnamon sticks Cinnamon sticks, not powder
- 2 tbsp Cloves Dried whole cloves, not powder
- 2 tbsp Sea Salt Any sea salt (we use Himalayan)
- 1,000 ml Water Drinking water (non-tap preferred)
- Boil water in a pot
- Add in cinnamon sticks
- Add in cloves
- Add in the sea salt
- Boil the salt, cinnamon sticks and clove together for 20 minutes.
- Lower heat so the boil almost stops, add in fresh mint leaves, then turn off heat and cover the pot.
- Let sit covered with heat turned off for 5 minutes
- The cinnamon mouthwash recipe is complete and ready to pour into container
About The Clove & Cinnamon Mouthwash Recipe Ingredients
Cinnamon is known as a “spice”. When the inner bark strips of the Cinnamomum tree are dried out, they coil into rolls which we know as cinnamon sticks.
Cloves are an extremely popular spice are said to originate from the “Spice Islands” near China. And after their discovery made their way through the rest of Asia and into Europe and the west. Just like with cinnamon, they’re ground or used whole for a variety of uses. Mostly well known for adding unique flavor to meals, they’re also used for oral care herbal recipes such as with this homemade clove and cinnamon mouthwash recipe.
About antiseptic mouthwash health risks: Nathan Bryan, Ph.D on heart health risks associated with antiseptic mouthwash use.
Cinnamon mouthwash recipe ingredients
We’ll wrap up this post with a closeup image of the ingredients used in this mouthwash recipe.
Thanks for coming by the Sprouting Fam blog!
Let us know if you have any questions on this Cinnamon Mouthwash Recipe!